AEEA is governed by a Board of Directors of up to 12 individuals who serve a three-year term, and we are currently seeking applications from individuals who are passionate about environmental and outdoor education. As a working Board, individuals are expected to provide their time and expertise in addition to attending Board meetings. At a minimum, service is a commitment of 3-5 hours per month, and sometimes more. A variety of different professional backgrounds helps strengthen our Board and organization. Individuals do not have to be educators to serve on our Board, but they do need to be members of AEEA.
Interested individuals should read the Board of Directors Responsibilities and Expectations document to gain a better understanding of the role. This document, along with the application form, can be found on our website. We recommend that interested individuals meet, virtually or in person, with a current or former Board Member or the Executive Director, Sophia Stephenson.
- Applications open September 8, 2023
- Application deadline September 25, 2023
- Board of Directors approves slate of candidates September 30, 2023
- Election by general members of AEEA October 6 – 23, 2023
- Newly elected Board Members invited to attend Board meeting on November 11, 2023 as a nonvoting guest
Board service is an opportunity to learn and develop professionally while contributing to the growth and direction of AEEA.
Above image by Hannah Busing, Unsplash.